Soft Paywall == can be circumvented using multiple browsers/private sessions
- Summary: How to Start a Startup (YC)
- First Principles Thinking
- How to Get Startup Ideas
- Awesome CTO Resources
- Turning side projects into profitable startups
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications
- Reconstructing Twitter’s Firehose
- Using PostgreSQL in Tantan - From 0 to 350bn rows in 2 years 350 billion rows… enough said.
- Let’s Build a Simple Database
- Details of the Cloudflare outage on July 2, 2019 Interesting bit about how testing in prod bit Cloudflare in the butt. As well as how to make regex more manageable in large applications.
- From Laptop to Lambda: Outsourcing Everyday Jobs to Thousands of Transient Functional Containers
- Kubernetes 101: Pods, Nodes, Containers, and Clusters
- Practical Go: Real world advice for writing maintainable Go programs
- Open Data Structures
- Introduction To Algorithms
- A Complete Guide to Flexbox As a primarily backend developer this guide is super useful anytime I need to build a UI.
- Cracking the Coding Interview Just a great resource with tons of questions that frankly are quite common atleast in the interviews I have been in.
- 16 Things Everybody Should Stop Doing In Order To Be Successful
- “10x engineers”: Stereotypes and research
- High Scalability Great blog related to all things done at scale, its “Stuff The Internet Says On Scalability For XXX” series is top notch
General Programmer information
- What every computer science major should know
- Don’t Call Yourself A Programmer, And Other Career Advice
- The Mastermind Soft Paywall, interesting mini series about programmer turn criminal cartel boss.
- Was Bitcoin Created By This International Drug Dealer? Maybe!
- Our Boss Will Call Your Boss 7 Blackwater like security contractors arrested near Haiti’s Central Bank. American government swoops in and rescues them. What really happened?
- Money Stuff Matt Levine is a columnist covering finance. He is a former lawyer + investment banker. Super knowledgeable, writes well and is funny.
- How Discord Scaled Elixir to 5,000,000 Concurrent Users
- How Does Distributed Consensus Work
- An introduction to distributed systems
- Status as a Service (StaaS)
- Database blog articles
- How to Register a company in the SA: Comprehensive guide for founders
- The Complete Guide to Deep Work
- Branch Prediction
- Why you only need to test with 5 users
- Operating a Large, Distributed System in a Reliable Way: Practices I Learned
- Are We Really Making Much Progress? A Worrying Analysis of Recent Neural Recommendation Approaches
- The Mom Test
- The Morning Paper
- Effective Java 3rd Edition
- Marketing for Engineers